A NEW VOLUNTEER TRAINING has been scheduled for Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 6pm. It will be in the Peace Center at Orange Correctional Center. This will be for both new on-site and new off-site volunteers. Seating is limited, so please be discerning about whether you want to reserve one of the chairs (and become an active volunteer at OCC).
To be considered you must be at least:
1) 21 with a valid, government-issued, picture id.
2) a year off correctional supervision
3) you cannot be a family member of any resident at OCC or on a resident’s visitation list.
On the applications, you will need to provide NCDPS with your driver’s license and social security number (for background check purposes). You will also need to provide character references.
If you wish to be trained, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and save yourself a spot. Those who respond quickly will be given priority.
On 3/31/2016, the training schedule will look as follows:
- 5:45pm Registration (sign in and begin application paperwork)
- 6-7pm required training for ALL new volunteers. On-site will be dismissed
around 7pm (yokefellows, tutors, worship/study leaders)
- 7-9:30pm required training for new off-site (sponsors) CONTINUES after training, off-site volunteers will need to attend three on-site activities before becoming sponsors.
If you are uncertain about whether you want to be a volunteer/sponsor, contact
email@example.com or the Programs department (919-732-9301)